Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Another fun, fun, fun refash!!!

Hello! Today starts off with another hideous dress turned into something pretty darn cute!



Yuck. Look at those sleeves! Anne of Green Gables might have liked these for a day dress. The shoulder pads really add a nice touch too, eh? Shudder. Way too much going on with the pattern here. This did come with a matching belt, which thankfully is NOT stained with something horrifying like the last one, and will probably actually look super cute with some kind of solid top and jeans. Anyhoo..




This dress had buttons down the front (or was it the back? I'm still not sure), and belt loops for the belt. Those came off. I chopped the skirt part off, and now have fabric that is longer than I am. Pleats. Pleats. Pleats. Yuck. Yay for loads of extra fabric though!

I unbuttoned the first two buttons and turned down the fabric to make a v-neck. Sewed that up in a jiffy, and started on those sleeves. Removal of the shoulder pads followed removal of the sleeves, which I then hemmed, and you wouldn't believe what a difference that alone made. I thought, 'this is ok, but not quite cute, and it could be. What is missing?' Inspiration from my own existing closet struck and I grabbed a long black ribbon/belt thing.



What!!!!! Look at how cute it is now!!! Listen, I got a compliment the first day I wore it out, ok? The pattern needed to be broken up a bit, and that did the job perfectly! I'll be wearing this to acting class tonight!!

Btw, one month from this very day, I'll be wearing a gorgeous gown I refashioned for my first ever movie premiere for the feature film 'The Return'!!! Can't WAIT to show you those pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment