Wednesday, August 13, 2014

No Sew refashion!

I saw a skirt to dress refashion the other day somewhere on Facebook land, and immediately coveted, was inspired by it! A day or two later I was out shopping with a friend at Goodwill, and meandered over to the skirt section, just kinda browsing. Apparently that's the best way to find anything, by not really looking. This fun print caught my eye..


I quickly turned it into this, easy peasy, oh-so-simple. But I wasn't finished, I wanted a bit shorter, but didn't particularly want to hem it, I anticipated having a slightly difficult time getting an even hem. Then I had another inspiration!



High to low!! Perf! I was a little nervous cutting, I took a scrap piece of fabric, sewed it together quickly and did a practice cut, which made me feel much better. I chopped a tad longer than I thought I needed, just in case, and it looks like I may have finally broken out of my 'always chopping too short' habit. I actually did trim it a little shorter after trying it on, and I might end up trimming it another half inch or so again. This is a nice casual look, I feel like I need cowboy boots. I had this super awesome scrap from the part I cut off, it ties around my head perfectly! And I forgot to put it on for the pic! That blue belt I've had for 4 years and never wore it, but I think it gives this a nice, kinda patriotic look, especially with my blue sandals (not pictured.)


Whatcha think?


No comments:

Post a Comment